OF THE CARSON SUCCESSOR AGENCY
HELEN KAWAGOE COUNCIL CHAMBERS
701 EAST CARSON STREET
CARSON, CA 90745
THE CARSON SUCCESSOR AGENCY MEETINGS ARE BROADCAST LIVE VIA
TIME WARNER CABLE CHANNEL 35 AND AT&T U-VERSE CHANNEL 99
AS WELL AS VIA THE INTERNET AT: HTTP://CI.CARSON.CA.US
September 16, 2014
AGENDA POSTED: SEPTEMBER 11, 2014
“In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, if you require a disability related modification or accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please call the City Clerk’s office at 310-952-1720 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.” (Government Code Section 54954.2)
Agenda posted - Approval of Executive Session Agenda (Closed Session)
CALL TO ORDER:
Executive Session (Closed Session) - Ceremonial Presentation
REPORT ON CLOSED SESSION
ITEM NO. (1) CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATOR
A closed session will be held, pursuant to Government Code § 54956.8, to enable the City Council to consider negotiations with Anna Li, with whom City is negotiating, and to give direction to its negotiator(s) City Manager and his designees regarding that certain real property known as 2403 E. 223rd Street. The City's real property negotiator will seek direction from the City Council regarding the price and terms of payment for the property.
Flag Salute - Approval of Minutes
CARSON SUCCESSOR AGENCY
REGULAR BUSINESS MEETING
FLAG SALUTE: MS. KAPRISHA TROTTER, SPECIAL OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL TEAM ATHLETE & MEMBER OF THE CITY'S SPECIAL NEEDS PROGRAM
INVOCATION: JOSHUA CANALAS, EXECUTIVE PASTOR AND MEN'S MINISTRY DIRECTOR, MISSION EBEN EZER FAMILY CHURCH
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
Notice to the Public- - Oral Comm Public
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
L COMMUNICATIONS - MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
The public may at this time address the members of the City Council/Housing Authority/Successor Agency on any matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council/Housing Authority/Successor Agency and/or on any items on the agenda of the City Council/Housing Authority/Successor Agency, prior to any action taken on the agenda. No action may be taken on non-agendized items except as authorized by law. Speakers are requested to limit their comments to no more than three minutes each, speaking once. If you would like to address the City Council/Housing Authority/Successor Agency, please complete the SPEAKER’S CARD. The card is available at the speaker’s podium or from the City Clerk. Please identify on the card your name, address, and the item on which you would like to speak, and return to the City Clerk. The SPEAKER’S CARD, though not required in order to speak, assists the Mayor in ensuring that all persons wishing to address the City Council/Housing Authority/Successor Agency are recognized, time permitting. Oral communications will be limited to one hour unless extended by order of the Mayor/Chair with the approval of the City Council/Housing Authority/Successor Agency.
RECOMMENDATION for the Successor Agency:
TAKE the following actions:
1. AWARD a Construction Contract for Project No. 1355: Veterans Park Athletic Field Renovation and Project No. 1389: Veterans Park Irrigation System Upgrade, in the amount of $324,530.00, to the lowest responsible bidder, Heathcote Geotechnical.
2. AUTHORIZE the expenditure of a construction contingency, if necessary, in an amount not-to-exceed $48,679.50 (15%) for change orders such as the removal and remediation of contaminated soil, substructure conflicts, and other unforeseen construction work that may be required to complete this project
3. AUTHORIZE the Chairman to execute the Construction Contract between the City of Carson and Heathcote Geotechnical, following approval as to form by the Agency Counsel.
ITEM NO. (3) CONSIDER APPROVAL OF CHANGE ORDER NO. 1 FOR PROJECT NO. 839: BROADWAY IMPROVEMENTS FROM MAIN STREET TO GRIFFITH STREET AND GRIFFITH STREET FROM BROADWAY TO 500 FEET EAST OF BROADWAY (PUBLIC WORKS)
RECOMMENDATION for the City Council:
TAKE the following actions:
1. APPROVE Change Order No. 1 for Project No. 839: Broadway Improvements from Main Street to Griffith Street and Griffith Street from Broadway to 500 feet east of Broadway.
2. APPROPRIATE $600,000.00 from the unallocated Carson Successor Agency Series C and D Bond funds to account no. 82-70-793-985-8020/0083901.
3. AUTHORIZE the Executive Director to approve Project No. 839: Broadway Improvements from Main Street to Griffith Street and Griffith Street from Broadway to 500 feet east of Broadway change orders for the not-to-exceed total authorized amount of $646,089.49.
4. WAIVE Section 2610(a) of Article II of the Carson Municipal Code requiring three written professional services proposals, due to the urgent need for these services.
5. APPROVE a Professional Services Agreement with KEC Engineers, Inc., to provide construction inspection and quality control for Project No. 839: Broadway Improvements from Main Street to Griffith Street and Griffith Street from Broadway to 500 feet east of Broadway for a negotiated fee not-to-exceed $96,570.00.
6. AUTHORIZE the Chairman to execute the Professional Services agreement, following approval as to form by the Agency Counsel.
SPECIAL ORDERS OF THE DAY
SPECIAL ORDERS OF THE DAY
N BUSINESS DISCUSSION
CRA - Oral Comm (Staff) - Adjourn
ORAL COMMUNICATIONS I (STAFF)