Traffic Engineering


The Traffic Engineering section is responsible for traffic signal installation projects, traffic signal operations and maintenance, plan checking of construction area traffic control plans, traffic concerns and complaints, traffic control signs (stop signs, speed limit signs, etc.), pavement striping / markings, on-street parking restrictions, and curb painting (green, yellow, white, blue and red curbs).


City of Carson and Stubhub Preferential Parking Zone Map
[ These passes can be obtained at the receptionist's counter at the Stub Hub Center's main business office at 18400 Avalon Blvd ]
Preferential Parking Zone Map

For Daily Traffic Volumes click below:
Traffic Count Map

For the Policy and Petition for the Installation of Speed Humps click below:
Speed Hump Petition Form


Report a Traffic Signal Malfunction:
To report a traffic signal malfunction you may call the Engineering Division at (310) 952-1700 Ext. 1312 Monday – Thursday between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. or fill out a service request form . If you see an urgent traffic signal problem after hours that requires immediate attention, such as a knock-down, flashing red or a power outage, please report it to the Carson Station Sheriff’s Department at (310)-830-1123.



City Hall Contact

701 E Carson Street
Carson, CA 90745
(310) 830-7600, 7 AM - 6 PM
Monday - Thursday
24-hour automated: (310) 952-1700


Please Click Here to join our eNotify for City Council Agendas.