Skip Navigation Links


Residents News & Announcements
  • Vaccine Clinic for 2nd Shot Pfizer - Stevenson Park
    5/13, Thur. Registration link -
  • Vaccinations for Homebound Residents
    The City of Carson is Establishing an Interest List for COVID-19 Vaccinations at home. Please call 310-952-1750.
    Click for details.
  • Senior Discount for Trash Service Sign-up Starts Mid April
    Click for details.
  • COVID-19 Vaccination Sign-ups and Free Taxi Rides
    Call (888) 677-8863
    Click for details
  • Catalytic Converter Theft Prevention Event
    Saturday, 5/1/2021
    Carson Sheriff's Station and the City of Carson will host a Catalytic Converter Theft Prevention Event on Saturday, May 1.
    To register, please go to
    Click for details
  • Community Blood Drive - Be a Part of Lifesaving Cause
    Wednesday, 5/5/2021, 10 AM - 4 PM
    Click for details.
  • Housing is Key
    The CA COVID-19 Rent Relief Call Center is now available to get help answering eligibility questions, for application assistance, and to provide information on local assistance. Tenants and landlords can call 1-833-430-2122 between 7:00 a.m. and 7 p.m. daily.
  • National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
    Saturday, 4/24/2021, 10 AM - 2 PM
    Carson Community Center, 801 E Carson St.
    Click for Details
  • Power Share Program
    Get renewable energy and cut your bill with CPA(Clean Power Alliance)'s Power Share
    Click for details.
  • Virtual Autism Awareness 5K Run/Walk
    4/1 - 4/8/2021
    Online Registration $10
    3/3/ - 3/28/2021
    Click for program filer
  • AARP Tax Program
    Free for Seniors 50+
    3/1/2021 - 4/15/2021, by Appointment Only
    Click for details
  • Contactless Egg Hunt at the Parks
    Saturday, 3/19/2021 - Wednesday, 3/31/2021
    Click for details.
  • Black History Month
    Black History Month Celebration
  • HUD Will Combat Housing Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
    Click for details
  • Street Sweeping Enforcement
    Parking enforcement citations will resume in full force beginning 3/1/2021.
    For more informaiton, please contact (310)952-1786, or (310)952-1788.
    Click for details.
  • COVID-19 Vaccine Locations
    COVID-19 Vaccine Locations (Availability: Ages 65 and older except where indicated)
  • Annual Scholarship Essay Program for Graduating High School Seniors
    Click for details
  • California Low Cost Auto Insurance(CLCA) Program
    Click to see the Program details.
  • Park and Connect - FREE Outdoor Wi-Fi
    LA County Library offers New Park & Connect Service
    Click for details.
  • Stay Connected, be a Pen Pal
    Searching for Carson Seniors who would like a Pen Pal to connect with.
    Click here for details.
    To sign up for more information, call or email (310) 952-1782 ext. 1471,
  • Middle & High School Air Quality Education Program
    Fully Funded
    Hands-on Experiments
    Accommodates Distance Learning
    Spaces are limited. For more information, please visit or contact Monika Kim at
    Click here for details.
  • What's Open? - Carson Facilities & Servivces Operating During COVID-19
    Click for City Hall, Parks, Tennis Courts and Kids Club Service Schedules.
  • Aircraft Noise Hotline
    Has airplane noise impacted you at home? Please call the Long Beach Airport hotline at 562-570-2665 or email You may also file a FAA complaint at
    Click here for details
  • City of Carson is Inviting Participants to Serve on Commissions, Committees, and Boards
    Click for details
  • New DAR Services
    The City of Carson is now offering 50% off taxi rides to all Carson residents during the declared COVID-19 pandemic. Click here for details.
  • COVID-19 Tenant Protections and Virtual Housing Counseling
    Click here for Assembly Bill 3088, Rental Assistance, and Tenant Protections Information.
  • LYFT Service
    The City is Proud to Extend the Availability of City-Subsidized Rides through LYFT during the COVID-19 Pandemic
  • DMV Gives 1-Year Extension to Senior Drivers with Expiring Licenses
    Licenses for drivers 70 and older that expire March through December 2020 now valid until 2021. Click for details.
  • Free COVID-19 Testing
    Carson Residents: Scheudule a Senior House-Call Test or Drive-up Test
  • City Services Available During the COVID-19 Pandemic
    City of Carson Useful Links, Pharmacies, Grocery Stores, Meal Distribution Program
  • LAUSD’s implementation of "Grab and Go" food distribution centers within the City of Carson will be open
    The "Grab and Go" food distribution centers within the City of Carson will be open beginning Wednesday, March 18, 2020 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m., and will serve students ages 18 and younger. For more information visit
    Click for details.
  • Restaurant Guide
    For your convenience the following link provides a list of restaurants in City of Carson that may offer takeout or delivery services. Please call the restaurants in advance.
  • FREE Water-saving Devices
    Save Money, Save Water, Save Energy - Get your FREE Water-saving Devices and Qualify for a $500 High-Efficiency Clothes Washer Rebate
    Information Flyer
  • Housing Rights Center - COVID-19 Services Update
    Toll Free :(800) 477-5977
    TTY Users (213) 201-0867
    Monday through Friday, 8:30 - 5 PM
    COVID-19 Closure & Services, Project Place - Monthly Rental Listing.
  • LA County Assessor Homeowners Exemption Tax Savings
    Don't miss out on years of property tax savings. File for the $7,000 Homwowner's Exemption with the County Accessor, today!
    Information Flyer
  • Citrus Tree Disease Huanglongbing(HLB)
    The deadly citrus tree disease Huanglongbing (HLB) has continued to spread in Los Angeles, Orange and Riverside counties. As of October 2019, more than 1,650 HLB-infected trees have been detected and removed from these areas. The Citrus Pest & Disease Prevention Program (CPDPP) is continuing to ask all California residents – 60% of whom own citrus trees – to protect California citrus and their backyard citrus trees by searching for signs of HLB and the pest that can carry and spread HLB, called the Asian citrus psyllid.
    To support this effort, we ask you to share the program's fall citrus gardening tips newsletter and a new animated video on your website or via social media to inform citizens of the best practices to help combat the deadly citrus tree disease.
    Fall Citrus Gardening Tips Newsletter (PDF)
    New Animated Video
  • Download "ShakeAlertLA" for Earthquake Early Warning
    The City of Los Angeles and the County of Los Angeles have completed the testing of "ShakeAlertLA" - a mobile device earthquake warning system. The application is available via internet download and will send alerts to mobile users in Los Angeles County.
  • Register Your Mobilehome California
    Register Your Mobilehome California: A State Free and Tax Waiver Program for Mobilehome and Manufactured Home Owners.

    Click here for Program Details
    For more information, visit Or call 1-800-952-8356.
  • Starting February 2019 Carson residents will have 50% clean energy provided through Clean Power Alliance!

    Click here for details.
  • Citizen Engagement is launched

    Citizen Engagement is launched
    Citizens are able to submit a request for an issue such as potholes, signs, or overgrown vegetation, etc.
    Agency Code: "Car01". click here for detailed instructions.
  • Stroke Center Receives AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
    On March 16, 2018, the Joseph B. Jr. and Mary Anne O’Neal Stroke Center was recognized by the California Park and Recreation Society with the” Award of Excellence”. It is a statewide award given annually at the CPRS Conference.
    Click for details
  • PACE's Weatherization and Home Energy Assistance Program may help lower your energy costs.
    Check for qualifications.
  • Fair Housing Discrimination Hotline Scam
    It has come to our attention that the Housing Discrimination Hotline has been getting calls from the public about a group using a scam that shows them calling from 1-800-669-9777 (the Discrimination Hotline). HUD has received over 30 calls from the public at this time.
    If you receive a phone call related to this from the public, or if you receive such a message on the answering machine, you have been contacted fraudulently Please report this to the FCC
  • Los Angeles County Homeless Services Authority - Emergency Response Team and Other Services Contact Information
  • Carson's 2015 All-America City Award presentation
    Click here to watch Carson's 2015 All-America City Award presentation.
    Carson was one of ten winners of the prestigious award handed out by the National Civic League ( )
  • Foreclosure Registration Program: Banks and Lenders register your foreclosed properties in the City of Carson Here!
    Foreclosure Registration Program Forms
  • Carson Tops Many Large Cities Nationwide in Park Spending
    Based on the study by Trust for Public Land of the 60 largest cities nationwide with a population of at least a half a million, the average expenditure that a city spends on the parks is $78 per resident.
    The city of Carson, however, a small city with a population of about 92,599 people, spend $326 per resident in communicty services based on the 2013/14 fisal year spending along.
    [ Click here for details. ]
  • Home Repairs for America's Veterans & Military Families
    Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles is looking to offer critical home repairs to local qualified greater Los Angeles Veterans and military families.

    To submit an application, please visit  and click on Housing Initiatives/Habitat for Heroes or call 310-323-4664, ext 176.
  • Los Angeles County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program (HHW)
    The Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program (HHW) gives Los Angeles County Residents a legal and cost-free way to dispose of unwanted household chemicals that cannot be disposed of in the regular trash.

    Some examples of what you CAN bring to a HHW collection:
    • Motor oil, oil filters, brake fluid Used antifreeze
    • Paint, paint thinner, turpentine
    • Cleaners with acid or lye
    • Pesticides or herbicides
    • Household batteries or car batteries
    • Pool chemicals
    • CRTs, old TVs, misc. electronics
    • Mercury thermometers or thermostats
    • Used Needles or Sharps (In a Sharps container or sturdy box labeled "SHARPS")
    • Unwanted or expired prescriptions
    (MORE INFO about "No Drugs down the Drain")

    What you CANNOT bring to a HHW collection:
    • Explosives
    • Ammunition
    • Radioactive Materials
    • Trash
    • Tires
    • Business Waste
    • White Goods (stoves, fridges, etc.)
    • Controlled Substances


  • FCC (Federal Communications Commission) Consumer Advisory- The Truth About Wireless Phones and the
    National Do-Not-Call List
    [ The facts ]
  • FEMA Flood Zone Information

    FEMA Hotline: (310) 952-1798

Contact City Hall
Main Line
(310) 830-7600 7 a.m. - 6 p.m., Monday - Thursday
Crime Hotline
(310) 847-8300
(310) 847-3500
Solid Waste/Bulky Item Pick Up
Waste Resources
888-467-7600, 310-366-7600

City of Carson–Transition Team

LA County Household Waste/E-Waste Collection Schedule

Lower your energy bills and improve your home with the HERO program.

City Hall Contact

701 E Carson Street
Carson, CA 90745
(310) 830-7600, 7 AM - 6 PM
Monday - Thursday
24-hour automated: (310) 952-1700


Please Click Here to join our eNotify for City Council Agendas.