Public Records Act Requests

Please Read Carefully Before Completing the Public Records Act Request Form.
The City of Carson DOES NOT produce or maintain the following records:
  • Birth Certificates
  • Birth Records
  • Marriage Certificates
  • Divorce Decree
  • Divorce Records
  • Real Estate Records
To obtain a Birth Certificate, Birth Record and/or Marriage Certificate, please contact the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk's Office:
  • Online:
  • Telephone: (800) 201-8999
  • In Person: Office is located at 12400 E. Imperial Highway, Norwalk, CA 90650
To obtain a Divorce Decree and/or Divorce Records, please contact the Superior Court of California in County of Los Angeles:
  • Online:
  • Telephone: (213) 830-0803
  • In Person: County Courthouse is located at 111 N. Hill St. Los Angeles, CA 90012
To obtain Real Estate Records, please contact the Los Angeles County Assessor's Office:
  • Online: Assessor(
  • Telephone: (888) 807-2111
  • In Person: Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration is located at 500 W. Temple St. Room 225, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Public Records Act Request Form
Laserfiche | New Submission

The Office of the City Clerk is committed to providing accessibility through innovative solutions, and delivering support services to both internal and external customers.

Responsibilities of the Office of the City Clerk/Records & Information Management are administration, maintenance, and preservation of official City records and information:

Below are a number of Documents that the public can expect to find:

City Hall Contact

701 E Carson Street
Carson, CA 90745
(310) 830-7600, 7 AM - 6 PM
Monday - Thursday
24-hour automated: (310) 952-1700


Please Click Here to join our eNotify for City Council Agendas.